Getting a good night's sleep is never overrated. Casper, the brand that's been turning bedtime products into a lifestyle since 2014, is continuing its never-ending quest to lure you to sleep—this time with its new Cooling Collection of products.
The line centers on the Snow Mattresses , a pair of temperature-regulating renditions of Casper's now legendary Wave Hybrid and Nova Hybrid models. Casper claims its Snow mattresses keep sleepers 6 degrees cooler than the brand's other products and help them maintain an even temperature through the night by pulling heat away from the body. Which makes them perfect for anyone who sleeps hot (especially during the summer) or suffers from hot flashes (we see you, women over 45) .
Casper's Cooling suite also includes a range of fluffy lightweight Duvets (including a Humidity Fighting version that features a moisture-wicking layer of merino), a Breathable Mattress Protector , and a super soft TENCEL sheet set with a near-invisible grid weave that increases airflow and naturally absorbs excess moisture. Wang says Casper saw opportunity in providing customers a better night's sleep by fixing the typical "microclimate" heat-trap of heavy bedding and dense mattresses by replacing them with "more breathable, less insulating" options.
Casper's Snow Mattress range is only slightly more expensive than its predecessors (the Wave Hybrid Mattress starts at $1595). In comparison to less luxe D2C mattresses, this could seem pricey, but Casper is betting on its customers' strong desire to keep cool. the company's research found that temperature is "the most important variable" in getting a good night's sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation reported similar findings in a 2018 poll , with 79% of respondents stating a "cool room temperature" was a top element in getting a good night's sleep, following a comfortable mattress, pillow, and bedding, respectively. The Foundation recommends keeping your room somewhere between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit for the most comfortable night's sleep, citing our body temperature's link to our circadian rhythm. Without that ever-so-slight dip in core temperature, our body's release of melatonin, the sleep hormone, could go awry. Plus, sleeping in a room that's too hot can lead to all kinds of physical and mental mayhem: fatigue, dehydration, crankiness.
"People often bundle up or nestle under layers of blankets to feel cozy, no matter the temperature, because that helps them relax and fall asleep," he explains. "What typically happens is that in the middle of the night people tend to stick their extremities—a leg or an arm—out of the covers, or remove the covers entirely subconsciously to regulate their temperature." Now, Casper will do it for you.
Fast Company may receive revenue for some links to products on our site.
- Why are there so many mattress stores?
- The Internet Mattress Evolved: Casper Wave
- Best mattress toppers 2018
- What to Pack in Your New York City Survival Kit
- New Jersey bus crash – Two dead and multiple hurt as school bus carrying 46 children flips over throwing them into the road
- A New Jersey Town Actually Adds Beach Parking. And It’s on the Beach.
- Why I Didn't Buy a Mattress Online
- Casper mattresses in every size are on sale right now
- The best bedding bargain for mom is trending
- Hay fever sufferers listen up! The 5 things to do before bed tonight to help you sleep
- Mattress Firm hires chief merchandising officer
- Shopping for Bunk Beds
- Chimpanzees have much cleaner beds than humans do, scientists find
- New satellite’s primary weather-monitoring tool is not working properly, NOAA says
- Under Modernity’s Hood: Precision Engineering
- Why were NHS hospital beds busier than they've ever been in winter?
- Travel: New Mexico train ride is one of a kind
- Blogger flew first class from Hong Kong to New York for £50
- Judge rejects Sewerage & Water Board motion for new trial in Uptown drainage lawsuit
- 10 of the very best mattresses in the UK
Casper’s new mattresses and bedding are engineered to keep you from overheating have 673 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.