advertisement advertisement advertisement When you are the newest employee of an organization, the experience can be both awkward and terrifying. Once we figure out where the bathroom is located and how to use the copier, the real work begins—namely, figuring out "how things are done around here," otherwise known as an organization's culture . advertisement advertisement This important socialization process, sometimes called newcomer onboarding , is complicated enough without the influence of the pandemic. Now that most employees are joining remotely , the problem is exponentially more challenging, but not necessarily in ways that are readily noticeable. Onboarding remotely In an attempt to get a handle on remote onboarding, researchers from HR software company TINYpulse recently analyzed 100 organizations that onboarded 500 face-to-face new hires between April 2019 and September 2019. They compared that data with the same organizations' onboarding of 500 remote new hires during the same time frame a year later, so between April and September 2020. Interestingly, when comparing face-to-face and remote onboarding, there is no change in employees' satisfaction with the onboarding process. At first glance, it appears that everything is fine. But there is an overlooked issue swelling beneath the surface. The findings illustrate that… Read full this story
- Why showing up as a ‘comrade’ is the first step to inclusion in a remote environment
- Jennifer Aniston takes part in the 'women supporting women' challenge on Instagram and pays tribute to 'all the brilliant and beautiful women in my life'
- Remote work is the new normal. But the tech problems won't go away
- Đắk Nông Global Geopark title confirms local tourism brands but challenges ahead, says expert
- How to onboard new employees virtually during the pandemic
- LFHS Board Rejects Recommendation For Fully Remote Learning
- The right gear you need for remote learning
- Hybrid new normal of work brings new challenges: Microsoft
- Managing the risks of the new remote workforce
- Pandemic poses challenges for Argentines seeking therapy
These are the hidden challenges of onboarding in a remote environment have 312 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.