advertisement advertisement advertisement Many U.S. metropolitan areas report that at least 90% of public transit passengers wear masks while on buses to prevent the spread of coronavirus. advertisement advertisement However, some passengers still wear their masks incorrectly. And some refuse to wear them at all, threatening the health and safety of others on board. Staff at many transit systems have already faced the difficult task of enforcing passenger compliance with local and state mask mandates . Now, staff and passengers of public transit systems must also comply with federal orders , issued in January and February. Passengers who violate the federal mask orders may face penalties of $250 for a first offense and up to $1,500 for repeat offenses. In addition to driving, public transit drivers are now responsible for preventing unmasked passengers from boarding, monitoring passengers for compliance, and removing unruly customers. These responsibilities create hurdles for public transit drivers, particularly when public transit systems prefer customer-friendly approaches instead of civil or criminal penalties to increase compliance. advertisement Federal mask orders President Joe Biden issued an executive order on January 21 mandating that certain federal government agencies require travelers to wear masks while on commercial airlines, trains, and buses…. Read full this story
- Emergency 911 technology struggles to keep up with the times
- After Craigslist personals go dark, sex workers fear what's next
- Amid shutdown, federal workers face health struggles
- Nurses organize against anti-human rights “vaccine mandates” … see Nurses Against Mandatory Vaccines
- California state senator who pushed vaccine mandate now seeks to CRIMINALIZE “fake news” about medicine, politics and government
- Acta copyright enforcement treaty to go public
- News Analysis: Courts Grapple with Law Enforcement's Use of GPS Tracking
- California Cities Struggle To Help Minorities Build Marijuana Businesses
- Should more public agencies heed Massachusetts' OpenDoc policy?
- Chadians feel 'anger, revolt' as they struggle without internet for one year
Public transit workers are struggling to enforce mask mandates have 294 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.