advertisement advertisement advertisement A year into working from home, the number of Zoom meetings that should be phone calls is only rising. And our Zoom-avoidance strategies have not gotten any better. We may have toyed with blaming power outages and broken internet connections, and some may have resorted to fake freezing when called upon on a video chat. (Mouth agape, mid-sentence is a nice touch.) advertisement advertisement A new tool, Zoom Escaper , takes the pressure off your acting and stillness skills. Following a few simple steps, you can sabotage your own audio streams, "making your presence unbearable to others," according to the description by the developer, Sam Lavigne. It creates fake, noisy background distractions that sound like they're emanating from your living space. There'd be little realistic recourse on the part of your colleagues other than excusing you from the meeting to shut off the terrible din and deal with the perceived interruption. virtual link between your audio output and input, and then tweak a couple of audio settings on Zoom (or whatever telecommunication service you use). Once enabled, you won't hear a thing, but for the other attendees the distractions will range on a scale from a tad… Read full this story
- The cofounder of Coffee Meets Bagel says there’s a big difference between how men and women date online
- You’ll want to look out for this $300 smartphone if you don’t want to spend $1,000 on a new one
- Zoom dives into Sicilian sensations
- Donte DiVincenzo continues Villanova’s trend of basketball success
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un: I don’t want to repeat history where we’re unable to fulfill our agreements
- Merkel says don't expect much from meeting with Putin
- 'If they don't want me, I'll leave'
- There’s mutual attraction but I don’t want a quick affair: Ask Ellie
- Neymar wants to leave PSG but they don't want to sell him
- Don't become model if you don't want pants to be pulled: Chanel brand director Karl Lagerfeld
In a Zoom meeting you don’t want to be in? This will get you out of it have 334 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 17, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.