advertisement advertisement advertisement The United States Postal Service, beloved for its adorable dog costumes, beautifully designed stamps, and being an American tradition, is redesigning its iconic mail delivery trucks. advertisement advertisement The new truck, which will come to a neighborhood near you starting in 2023, will be designed and manufactured by Oshkosh Defense, a tactical vehicle manufacturer. The proportions of the new design, which has a slim, low-to-the ground front hood and super-tall carriage and front window, has caused some critics to note that it looks a bit cartoonish (either Pixar or Big Mouth , take your pick). Those kinds of comparisons don't exactly read "sophisticated." But initial reactions aside, experts say there shouldn't really be a controversy. The chassis are flexible: They can work with both electric batteries or standard engines, which can be retrofitted later. The new fleet of between 50,000 and 165,00 vehicles will be a mix of both. skateboard chassis that's common in electric vehicles. Consider the users in this situation: Postal workers are in and out of their vehicles all day; a low chassis makes this much easier on them. That's a great start, according to Nick Ross, a creative director at Teague , an… Read full this story
- Mail-it-in Friday: Who wants to be liked anyway?
- Mail-it-in Friday: Russell Wilson is the NFL’s most overrated player?
- FBI: Powder near Super Bowl appears harmless
- World War II veteran selling his amazing house of cars
- FBI: Suspicious packages near Super Bowl site, Giuliani’s office appear to be harmless
- The Latest: Video of restaurant shooting posted online
- All-Purpose Playbook: Week 5 NFL survivor pool analysis, fantasy picks and more
- Football visionary: Father of replay recalls how it began 50 years ago
- Fantasy Basement: Week 1
- Mailbag: The playoff’s one crucial problem, Notre Dame and SEC bias
Why the new USPS mail truck should be even dorkier have 298 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.