A former Louisiana “American Idol’ finalist is giving it another try. “I’d be lien [sic] if I said I wasn’t nervous,” Baton Rouge singer Jovin Webb posted on Facebook Thursday morning. Webb’s virtual audition for NBC’s reality singing competition series “The Voice” is scheduled for 5 p.m. Thursday. It’s an open call for contestants for Season 20, which premieres March 1. Webb, a Gonzales native and member of local bands Captain Green and Bayou Bullets, made it to the top 10 of “American Idol” last year before being eliminated. In that judges’ audition, Webb’s gritty, emotional rendition of The Allman Brothers Band’s “Whipping Post” spurred the three judges to unanimously advance him to Hollywood. “You officially brought the barbecue sauce to ‘American Idol,’ you understand,” celebrity judge Lionel Richie told Webb after his audition. “I don’t have to say a lot, except that’s what barbecue sauce sounds like. That was moving.”
- Ariana Grande says she sent food, coffee to Kentucky voters waiting in line: 'Enjoy and use your voice today'
- Red Arrows flight path today: here’s how to watch
- EU leaders will meet again today to try to save €1.9trillion budget and coronavirus recovery fund plan but the Dutch are reluctant to hand out cash to Spain and Italy
- The Voice fans turns on 'disrespectful and rude' Guy Sebastian and accuse him of having a 'personal agenda' and making 'rigged' song choices for his contestants
- Drag Race's The Vivienne drops major I'm A Celebrity 2020 line-up hint
- You CAN stop comfort eating today! Many of us have spent the past few months calming ourselves with food — and now feel worse for it. Here, a behavioural change expert reveals simple solutions
- The Voice alum Avery Wilson comes out as bisexual: 'I’m a bisexual man who’s in love with LOVE'
- Indigenous Australians had their languages taken from them, and it's still causing issues today
- How did Robin Williams die and how old would he have been today?
- 'Challenge Accepted': Here Are the Celebs Posting Black & White Pics in the Name of Supporting Women
Who's auditioning for 'The Voice' today? Here's a hint: barbecue sauce have 341 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at February 4, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.