advertisement advertisement advertisement Thanks to Malcolm Gladwell and Nobel Prize-winning economist Daniel Kahneman, we've all been sternly warned about the risks of employing intuition when making important decisions. In his book Blink , Gladwell asserts that while our unconscious thinking is "a powerful force, it also can be thrown off, distracted or disabled." And in his classic, Thinking, Fast and Slow , Kahneman stresses that gut instincts can fail us when we unwittingly apply familiar patterns of experience to unrelated circumstances or situations. advertisement advertisement The truth is, most of us have spent a lifetime developing our rational minds and rely solely upon their counsel when making consequential life choices. And we know that in business today, innumerable companies such as Amazon have placed data at the center of their corporate cultures—and routinely rely on metrics to find the best ways of growing their businesses. In light of this, it may come as a surprise to learn that some of the world's most successful leaders and innovators intentionally tap into their intuition before making critical decisions. In his new best seller, How to Lead: Wisdom From the World's Greatest CEOs, Founders, and Game Changers , Carlyle Group cochairman David Rubenstein… Read full this story
- Tough Decisions - It's Not About Making Everyone Happy!
- Unable to Make a Decision? Find a Human Mirror
- How to Make Better Decisions in Less Time - Getting Information and Evaluating the Pros and Cons
- Make Your Decisions Based on Love, Not on Fear
- Successful Decision Making Strategies For Making Personal Decisions
- Successful Decision Making Strategies For Making Personal Decisions - Part 2
- 10 Steps to Making Better Decisions
- Using Your Intuition to Make Decisions to Save Time
- 5 Keys to Making Great Decisions
- Thriving During Tough Times Survival Tip #3 - Make the Right Decisions and Make Your Decisions Right
The 3 kinds of intuition you need to make tough decisions have 301 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.