advertisement advertisement advertisement We're reaching the one-year mark since we were made to work from home (WFH). With the adrenaline wearing off and much of the world still locked down, 2021 will be the year we kick into cruise control. As business leaders, we have a responsibility to stop employees from despairing, hitting walls, and falling into isolation. advertisement advertisement Injecting fun into your workplace as we build a new year—and a new narrative—is an effective adhesive to stop teams drifting apart, and to remind them that we still haven't lost that sense of unity. We don't just have fun for fun's sake. Creative techniques are known to unlock dormant parts of our brains and enable our best interactions and ideas. The initial productivity boost from WFH is giving way to exhaustion , and the more tired we are, the less we are able to nourish our social self. With less watercooler interaction, innovation is stifled . Almost 40% of people find it hard to collaborate with their coworkers when working from home. For some of my clients, that disconnect means teams fall back on old solutions, rather than build something new together. Right now is the time to bring… Read full this story
- The Latin influence: Twins clubhouse can be a rollicking place, and that's just the way the team wants it
- Bingo! Aurora Summit offers fun way to kick off the new year
- Swimming can be a fun way to exercise
- FOUR members of Thai soccer team are OUT of the cave
- U.S. Team Winning Games, Not Style Points
- Soccer's other problem aside from being a 'rich white kid sport'
- 9 remote lakeside campgrounds in Colorado where you can embrace serenity without speedboats
- At Fukushima's nuclear disaster, robots are just now attacking the radiation problem
- Which of the Surprising 0-2 Teams Will Rebound This Season?
- Toys don't have to be boring to be educational. In fact, they teach better lessons if they're fun.
See problems as supervillains—and 4 other fun ways to fire up your remote teams have 324 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.