advertisement advertisement advertisement President Biden, while your administration is hard at work tackling emissions from the automobile and energy industries, there seem to be no plans to regulate fashion, which produces 10% of global carbon emissions. American fashion companies are also responsible for a panoply of human rights violations, from COVID-19 outbreaks in factories to relying on slave labor . You have an opportunity to take on this deeply problematic sector by creating a new White House position: It's time to appoint a Fashion Czar. advertisement advertisement The fashion industry is a $2.5 trillion beast with tentacles in every corner of the world, and yet it operates with little oversight or regulation. It employs more than 75 million people, the majority of whom are poorly paid women, who are vulnerable to abuse. This vast global supply chain means that no single country has been forced to take ownership of the terrible damage it has caused to the planet and workers. President Biden has expressed a desire to make the United States a leader in the climate fight at home and abroad . As part of this effort, he can set the agenda on how to clean up the global fashion… Read full this story
- 5 Ways Joe Biden Can Make His Bad Podcast Better
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by the APTA - Biden looks for Super Tuesday surge; coronavirus fears heighten
- Biden describes his phone call with Trump about coronavirus response
- Who will be Joe Biden's VP pick? Here are the odds.
- Obama’s Ebola Czar on What Strong Federal Response Looks Like
- Former VP Al Gore on Bill Maher's Suggestion Biden Pick Obama as 'Coronavirus Czar': 'Not a Bad Idea'
- Schumer urges White House to appoint czar to oversee production, distribution of coronavirus supplies
- Dear Joe Biden, here is how you can earn our support
- U.S. Presidential Election 2020 | Biden vs. Trump: stage set for November
- Barack Obama Endorses Joe Biden, Says He Has 'All The Qualities We Need In a President Right Now'
President Biden, appoint a fashion czar! have 325 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 9, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.