advertisement advertisement advertisement The Biden administration has announced that the popular Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) will see some rule changes starting on Wednesday, February 24, reports CNN. These changes are an attempt to help make PPP loans fairer and easier to obtain for minority-owned and very small businesses. advertisement Small business exclusive window: the biggest change to the PPP program will be that small businesses with fewer than 20 employees will now have an exclusive two-week window where only they can apply for PPP loans. This exclusive window will ensure a speedier application process since big businesses will be barred from applying at the same time and flooding PPP loan officers with applications. More money: Previously, the amount of a PPP loan was calculated based on the number of employees a business had. Under the Biden administration changes, sole proprietors, independent contractors, and the self-employed can now qualify for more funding. More inclusive: the new rules also mean more people can apply for a PPP loan, including some felons, people who are delinquent on their federal student loan payments, and Green Card holders. “While the Paycheck Protection Program has delivered urgent relief to many businesses across the country, the initial… Read full this story
- Trump will sign executive order to begin revamp of H-1B visa program [Updated]
- 'I don't take anything off the table': Trump won't rule out SECOND shutdown if he doesn't get funding for his border wall
- Why Values Trump Rules and Regulation
- Who needs privacy anyway?
- Investigation reveals widespread double dipping in NIH program to pay off school debt
- 'People Are Going to Die': Trump Admin Ends Protections for Very Sick Migrants
- Letter shows psychologist broke rules with Iowa sex predator
- EU data protection: "We are the first ones to set a real standard"
- AP Exclusive: Therapist broke rules with Iowa sex predator
- President Trump reverses safety rules adopted after deadly chemical explosion
PPP rules are changing: What you need to know about the revamped Paycheck Protection Program have 309 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.