advertisement advertisement advertisement All leaders have their blind spots, those disconnects between how they think they are showing up in the world and how their employees perceive them. Across hundreds of interviews with CEOs about the key leadership lessons they’ve learned, one of the most consistent themes we’ve heard is their growing recognition that they must make an extra effort to close the gap between how much they think they need to communicate and what their employees want and need from them. advertisement advertisement It is one of the key principles of leadership: There is no such thing as overcommunication. All leaders have to repeat the strategy relentlessly and remind employees of the “why” behind the work they are doing, no matter how redundant the messaging may feel to them. “At first, I wondered how many times I’d have to say the same thing,” said Andi Owen, chief executive of Herman Miller, the office furniture company . “Then I realized that there are eight thousand employees, and in almost every venue I’m in, people are meeting me for the first time. I have to repeat the core message over and over because my job is to set the direction, communicate,… Read full this story
- North and South Korean leaders embrace at surprise summit
- Senate leaders quash talk of rank-and-file COVID-19 deal
- McConnell says Taylor Greene's embrace of conspiracy theories a 'cancer'
- Vietnam needs to embrace technology to escape middle-income trap: PM
- Commentary: This COVID-19 outbreak, corporate leaders should acknowledge they don’t have all the answers
- 13 Strategic Ways Leaders Can Prepare For Coming Workplace Changes
- How business leaders can create a robot ready workforce
- From calls to world leaders to hugs with Jill and playing with his dogs: New photos posted to official White House Flickr show how Joe Biden has been settling into life as president
- Five paradigm shifts government must embrace to modernize public services
Leaders, this is why you should embrace overcommunication have 313 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.