advertisement advertisement advertisement Before he cofounded ride-sharing company Lyft, CEO Logan Green learned the intricacies of public transportation as a director on the Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District board. Venture capitalist Bradley Tusk worked as a communications director for Sen. Chuck Schumer and served as deputy governor of Illinois. Aerospace engineer Aisha Bowe says her six years working at NASA were "instrumental" to founding STEMBoard, a tech company that serves government and private-sector clients. advertisement For these business leaders, "government service" isn't a pejorative. Their work in the public sector helped shape their entrepreneurial journeys. And many executives from Silicon Valley to Wall Street have served at the highest levels in government, including Mike Bloomberg (a three-term mayor of New York), Megan Smith (former Google executive who served as Chief Technology Officer of the United States), and Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo, a former venture investor nominated to be U.S. Secretary of Commerce. Today Fast Company is launching an initiative called Fast Government that aims to examine the cross-pollination of talent and innovative ideas between the public and private sectors. It is a home for stories about leaders who are bringing entrepreneurial zeal to state, federal, and local agencies and… Read full this story
- Introducing New Ideas or Innovations
- Why Do We Accept Government Incompetence, Decade After Decade!
- Call for Innovation: Do or Die Situation for Indian Organizations
- Talent Recruitment Challenges of High Technology Companies
- Affects of Service Oriented Architectures and Web2.0 Phenomenon: Evolution or Disruptive Innovation
- The Vulnerable Research and Innovation Base of South Africa
- Ireland Shoots To Become Shared Services Center Of Europe
- Public Sector Economies in Transition
- Devising An Efficient Public-Transport System In South Africa
Introducing Fast Government, an exploration of innovation and talent in public service have 278 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.