advertisement advertisement advertisement In 2018, director RJ Cutler ( The September Issue , Belushi ) was invited to Billie Eilish's Los Angeles home with her parents and brother/producer Finneas O'Connell to discuss the possibility of directing a documentary of her life. At the time, the buzz around Eilish was building to a fever pitch with her breakout single "Ocean Eyes," her well received 2017 EP Don't Smile at Me , and her debut album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? on the horizon. advertisement advertisement "She was just back from a trip to Asia, and there was a fitting going on. The house was overflowing with racks of clothes and boxes of sneakers that people had sent to her," Cutler recalls. "The house was like a metaphor for Billie's life—it was bursting at the seams." Cutler says he was intrigued by Eilish prior to that meeting but became exponentially so afterward. "She's a magnetic force," he says. "We all sat around in the backyard chatting about what this experience would be like and my approach to filmmaking, which is kind of not much at all." Inspired by definitive music documentaries such as Dont Look Back and Gimme… Read full this story
- A look at how HBO's hit 'Succession' tapped real-world executive-suite battles
- Binge TV addiction? Ha! I can quit any time I want.
- 9 outdoor activities for fall, from apple-picking to LARPing
- He won Powerball’s $314 million jackpot. It ruined his life.
- ‘Dallas’ at 40: The Inside Story Behind the Show That Changed Texas Forever
- The Best TV Shows and Movies New to Netflix, Amazon and More in October
- An Azerbaijani Feast Awaits in Brooklyn, If You Can Find It
- Mark Kelly: Former astronaut living his life with a new set of choices
- Inside the Whispery, Wonderful Golden Age of ASMR—and the Mad Scientific Quest to Understand 'Brain Tingles'
- The problem with recycling our old tech gadgets: They explode
Inside the “full feast” of Billie Eilish’s life in the Apple TV doc ‘The World’s a Little Blurry’ have 330 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.