advertisement advertisement advertisement Color of Change president Rashad Robinson and Arisha Hatch, vice president, chief of campaigns, have been at the forefront of some of the most prominent racial justice campaigns in recent years, many of them involving corporations. They've pressed Hollywood studios to diversify their writers rooms, pushed for banks to stop processing payments from hate groups, and helped launch a prominent ad boycott of Facebook last summer for not doing enough to limit hate speech. advertisement advertisement With an eye toward creating lasting, structural change in America, they hold businesses accountable for the consequences of their products and where they put their money. Here are Robinson and Hatch's book recommendations for understanding how to create change today. Rashad Robinson The Sum of Us by Heather McGhee Black Liberation in Conservative America by Manning Marable The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin The Taste of Country Cooking by Edna Lewis advertisement Vintage Black Glamour by Nichelle Gainer The Prophets by Robert Jones, Jr. Arisha Hatch The Purpose of Power by Alicia Garza Don't let the history books fool you, movements don't appear out of thin air. Alicia's book tells the honest, holistic story of her life in organizing, leading… Read full this story
- 30 of the best new books to add to your summer reading list
- Universal Credit change is coming next month
- Home care staff shift changes dropped
- Why some 'black girls don't swim'
- US breaks from Arctic consensus on climate change
- Boys from the black stuff shaped village’s identity
- Climate change protesters block main road
- Re-live the moment Kate Winslet discovers her family history
- First female Bishop appointed in Reading's 120 year history
- 'Insulting' plans for new Reading homes have been scrapped
Color of Change’s essential Black History Month reading list have 285 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 11, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.