advertisement advertisement advertisement Times have been changing at the San Francisco Symphony. Michael Tilson Thomas, the orchestra's music director of 25 years, stepped away from his role in 2020. In came innovative Finnish conductor and composer Esa-Pekka Salonen. And with him came the need for new branding that reflected the symphony's next act. advertisement advertisement Collins for the rebrand, giving it a mission to showcase SFS as the "orchestra of now," according to SFS creative director Larry Williams. Key to this was establishing SFS as a place of innovation and correcting for classical music's perception problem: that "classical" equals dusty, static, and historical, not contemporary. The Collins team, led by creative director Louis Mikolay, created a type-forward new brand that's decidedly contemporary and dynamic, with an elongated serif typeface that, like music, shifts based on mood, context, and medium. The modernized brand is more friendly and accessible, widening the tent by targeting not just younger audiences, but an array of music aficionados, whether classical fans or not. skewing older . The average age of audiences at the Metropolitan Opera and the New York Philharmonic was 57, according to The New York Times . With the introduction of Salonen, the San… Read full this story
- ‘Clueless’ Was Amy Heckerling’s Masterpiece. Is She Done With It? As If.
- Small Business Saturday NJ: Haddonfield, Collingswood, Medford plans
- An exit-by-exit guide to eating along Interstate 26 in South Carolina
- The best gifts for college students of 2018: 20 gifts college students actually need
- 50 amazing gifts for every type of person and budget
- 12 new holiday albums for the joyful, lonely and skeptical
- The best gifts under $50 of 2018: 20 amazing gifts under $50
- Mary Poppins Returns director on making the most ambitious sequel of all time
- The 30 best things you can buy at Nordstrom: Clothing, Shoes, Coats, and more
- Best VR releases from 2018, and what to expect in 2019
Can branding help save classical music? have 310 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 10, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.