advertisement advertisement advertisement If you’ve been following tech news over the last few weeks, you could hardly miss stories about the meteoric rise of Clubhouse , the auto-focused social app prized by Silicon Valley heavyweights and celebrities. advertisement The invite-only service, which was barely a blip on the radar last fall, has seen exponential growth since September. According to data from analytics firm Sensor Tower, global installs of the app from Apple’s App Store just passed 10 million—and the majority of those were in February. Here’s how growth shakes out: September 2020 : 2,000 installs October 2020 : 18,000 installs November 2020 : 72,000 installs December 2020 : 994,000 installs January 2021 : 2,400,000 installs February 1 – 18, 2021 : 6,700,000 installs Clubhouse offers something different in the social media space in that it’s centered around audio. Although the app has had its share of controversy , larger players are definitely paying attention. Facebook is rumored to be building a similar product, according to the New York Times , and Twitter began testing its own audio service in December.
- Love the idea of a universal basic income? Be careful what you wish for
- A basic income for everyone? Yes, Finland shows it really can work
- Finland trials basic income for unemployed
- Basic Energy Services exits hyrdaulic fracturing business
- 'In my element!' Married At First Sight's Ines Basic is the latest star to luxuriate in a magnesium salt pool... after AFL WAG Rebecca Judd had one installed into her $7.3 million mansion
- Sharon Stone, 61, recreates THAT famous Basic Instinct leg-crossing scene as she stuns the audience, including her teenage son, at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in Berlin
- 'Woke up feeling cute': MAFS' Ines Basic strips down to racy lingerie - weeks after sparking concerns over her Instagram 'meltdown'
- 'Thank you to all the very nice peoples': MAFS' Ines Basic praises fans for their support after worrying meltdown amid concern from fans and a co-star that she may be suffering from mental health issues
- 'It's like she's crying for help': Married At First Sight's Ines Basic sparks fears as she flashes her breast and rants about her 'desperate' co-stars in a bizarre Instagram meltdown
- Former Married At First Sight star Ines Basic goes braless in a denim jacket during raunchy photoshoot
Basically, everyone is on Clubhouse now have 354 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.