advertisement advertisement advertisement Advocacy is the process where someone with privilege and power is willing to take steps to protect, publicly support, and dismantle systems against a marginalized group of people. In order to be an advocate, you have to be willing to do additional work beyond getting familiar with the nuances of marginalized groups and developing empathy for them. It is about taking action to change how others experience the world. Similar to allyship, advocacy is not a title—it is a verb. There are actions that you have to take to be considered an advocate. advertisement advertisement Sometimes people mistakenly believe allyship is less important than advocacy. That is not true. Both roles are necessary. A simple way to distinguish between the two is to recognize that allyship is focused on the individual and their unique experiences and perspectives. Advocacy is focused on the systems. In order to be an advocate, you have to protect people from harm, you have to publicly support people having access and being heard, and you have to be willing to dismantle systems that may serve you but are not equitable for others. To be an advocate, you must be willing to do all… Read full this story
- 10 ways to build good coworker relationships
- Talk to my coworkers? Are you MAD? Ray Ozzie's latest wild idea: Talko
- How to make your CEO a massive tech advocate, guaranteed!
- What Your Coworkers Really Think About You
- Walgreens to outsource Chicago clinics to Advocate Health Care
- 10+ interview questions that will help reveal a candidate's true qualities
- AI experts weigh in on the White House approach to artificial intelligence
- Obama Calls For 'New Approach' On NSA Surveillance--Not 'New' Enough For Critics
- The true impact of modular Java
- Everyone Must Work Together for a Better Internet
A concise approach to being a true advocate for your BIPOC coworkers have 291 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 22, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.