advertisement advertisement advertisement As a world of busy people, we are obsessed with time management. We spend a great deal of time and effort seeking out systems and tinkering with tools that promise to help us squeeze in more work in fewer hours. Although some systems and tools have merit, they are perpetuating several time management myths. We need to unpack these myths and start doing what works. Time is ticking. advertisement advertisement Myth 1: Improved time management increases performance Interestingly, the relationship between time management and performance is relatively weak . Performance is about much more than time. We've all heard the old adage, "work smarter, not harder." This is good advice for time management enthusiasts. It's not about how much work you can get done—it's about how much your work positively influences others. We need to reframe time management to be about focusing on quality, not quantity. Does this mean we should ignore time management altogether? Not exactly. Time management does appear to positively relate to well-being . This suggests another time management-related cognitive reframing. It's not about increasing productivity per se, but about remaining as productive as possible while minimizing stress. Myth 2: Time management success is… Read full this story
- Why time management is ruining our lives
- 6 Simple Time Management and Productivity Apps for Windows
- Single- vs. Multitasking: What’s Best for Productivity?
- 7 Productivity Gmail Extensions for Your Browser
- How to Use Google’s Productivity Tools to Maximize Your Time
- Arsenal appoints Mikel Arteta as manager in bid to revive Premier League club after Unai Emery sacking
- A No-Excuse Productivity Guide for Unproductive People
- Wot I Think: Killing Time At Lightspeed
- Eric McCormack shuts down rumors of feud between Will & Grace's Debra Messing and Megan Mullally... as show comes to an end after 11 seasons
- Will & Grace stars Debra Messing and Megan Mullally look frosty as they keep their distance during filming amid claims a feud between the pair killed off the series
3 time management myths messing with your productivity have 326 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at February 8, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.