advertisement advertisement advertisement Early in the morning of January 11, the social media platform Parler went offline after Amazon withdrew the platform’s web hosting services. Parler sued Amazon in response. advertisement advertisement Amazon’s move followed Google and Apple’s banning the Parler app from their app stores. The tech companies cited the platform’s inability or unwillingness to block calls for and threats of violence. Amazon’s move shut the platform down, at least until the company can find an alternative web hosting service. Parler had a surge in new users following Twitter’s ban of President Donald Trump on January 8. Since the November election, when it saw a spike in usage, Parler has contributed to the widening gap between the different perceptions of reality held by the polarized public. Competitor Gab was similarly forced offline after the 2018 mass shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh but it was only temporary. Shooter Robert Bowers had been posting anti-Semitic and violent content on the platform, and the revelation resulted in PayPal, GoDaddy, and Medium‘s banning Gab from their services. Gab has since come back online and has reportedly gained hundreds of thousands of new users since Parler’s shutdown. On the rise on the right… Read full this story
- Aerospace Design Thoughts, The Bionic Man, and The Future of Design
- The Transformation Of Political Science And The Rise In Crime Rates
- Interview with Angel Logan, Author of "Wings of an Angel: Poetry Collection"
- Future of Electronic Publishing
- What's Happening In Real Estate Right Now And Where Is It Going?
- Treasury Department Falls Short on Blocked Persons List
- In Search of the Future: Google Vs. Microsoft
- Is an ARM Right For You?
- Social Networking: A Link To Like Minds
- Mideast Nuclear Arms Race?
The rise, fall, and future of Parler, the right-wing site that Amazon shut down have 286 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.