The two top Democrats in Congress, Sen. Charles Schumer and Speaker Nancy Pelosi, reached out directly to Vice President Mike Pence Thursday to try to push him to act immediately to remove President Trump from office, only to be rebuffed. The two leaders called Pence hours after he had overseen a Joint Session of Congress to count the electoral votes to make Joe Biden the next president, despite intense pressure by President Trump that Pence move against it. But if they had hopes that Pence might join in a speedy potential effort to seize the reins of power from a volatile Trump in his final days in office, the reception they got may provide an answer. ‘Speaker Pelosi and I tried to call the vice president this morning to tell him to do this,’ Schumer told reporters in New York Thursday. ‘They kept us on hold for 25 minutes and then said the Vice President wouldn’t come on the phone.’ ‘So we are making this call public because he should do it and do it right away,’ Schumer said, explaining why both he and Pelosi are calling on Pence and the Trump cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment to declare… Read full this story
- 'Bad move!' Donald Trump's re-election campaign says it planned multimillion-dollar ad buy on Twitter before platform banned all political advertising
- Missouri lawmakers ban abortions after eight weeks of pregnancy as Mike Pence PRAISES Alabama's near-total ban for 'embracing life' and accuses Democrat-led states of backing 'extreme' laws
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- US government shutdown: Six ways it could end
- Trump wall: President addresses nation on border 'crisis'
- Kamala Harris and the US state looking to take down Trump
- MMQB: The NFL teams we never saw coming
- Years After His WWE Glory Days, Gangrel the Vampire Warrior Is Still Chasing His Wrestling Dreams
- SI’s MMQB: Matt Ryan has finally come into his own in Atlanta
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
Mike Pence puts Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer ON HOLD when they called to demand he remove Donald Trump with the 25th Amendment - so she threatens to impeach president for 'sedition' to end 'horror show' have 349 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 7, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.