With the elections to the vacancies in the Kochi Corporation’s standing committees concluding on Monday, the Left Democratic Front (LDF) has secured a majority in five out of the eight committees and the United Democratic Front (UDF) in one. The two fronts have equal numbers in the finance committee, and of the three fronts, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has the most number of seats in the tax appeals committee.BJP councillor Sudha Dileep Kumar lost the election to the vacancies in the tax appeals committee on Monday, leaving the BJP with four seats in the nine-member committee, the LDF with two and the UDF with three. In the election to the chairperson of the committee, the BJP will still have the upper hand, despite Ms. Kumar’s loss.The BJP had four out of five councillors nominated to the tax appeals standing committee last week. Ms. Kumar had been elected to the education and sports standing committee last week, but resigned immediately to contest for the tax appeals committee hoping to give the BJP a majority.The LDF had secured a majority in the health, development, welfare and town planning standing committees, while the UDF managed to get a majority in the works… Read full this story
- Speed Matters with Fast Personal Secured Loan
- Why Internet Security Can Bring You More Clients
- Buyers Borrowing 'Bigger Secured Loans'
- Cyber Insecurity vs Internet Security
- Secured Loans - Feasible For Meeting Huge Financial Needs
- Secured Loan Borrowers Are 'Apathetic'
- Tell Us Where YOU Stand On The Cheeseburger Bill!
- Identity Theft is a Major Problem: Whose Responsibility is It to Protect the Consumer?
- Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind - Airport Security Is Watching You But Who Is Watching Them?
- Secured Business Loan - Providing A Conducive Atmosphere For Business Growth
LDF secures majority in five standing committees, UDF in one have 293 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.