advertisement advertisement advertisement Today, as Kamala Harris was inaugurated as the country’s first female, Black, and South Asian Vice President, she used her global platform to highlight emerging Black designers. advertisement advertisement Fashion may seem like a frivolous concern at this critical juncture in American history, but clothes have important symbolic power, a fact not lost those who attended today’s inauguration. Many attendees used their fashion choices to project the values of the new administration, which stands in stark contrast to the Trump administration. Christopher John Rogers of Baton Rouge, along with a dress of the same color by Sergio Hudson of South Carolina. Rogers launched his brand in 2016 and won the prestigious Vogue Fashion Fund Award three years later. He is known for his use of simple silhouettes and striking colors. Hudson debuted his eponymous label in 2014, which is characterized by figure-hugging silhouettes and beautifully draped fabrics. Last night, as Harris attended a memorial for those who have died from COVID-19, she wore a camel coat with an asymmetrical drape on the back, designed by New York-based Kerby Jean-Raymond, who was quick to turn his office into a PPE donation center at the beginning of the pandemic… Read full this story
- Corporations OK, but Biden Inaugural Won't Be Fueled by Oil and Gas Industry Money
- Clyburn, Richmond among Biden inaugural committee leadership
- Biden: Inauguration could look more like virtual convention
- Trump mulling extravagant White House exit to upstage Biden inauguration: report
- Biden inaugural committee accepting donations from 'corporate entities'
- Graham: Trump should attend Biden inauguration 'if' Biden wins
- Trump Reportedly Mulling Skipping Biden Inauguration to Stage 'Grand Finale Exit' Opposition Rally
- U.S. set to execute first of five inmates before Biden inauguration
- US set to execute 1st of 5 inmates before Biden inauguration
- Trump speeds up pace of executions before Biden inauguration
Decoding the fashion at Biden’s inauguration have 296 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at January 20, 2021. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.