advertisement advertisement advertisement COVID-19 has accelerated the need for a better healthcare system for all Americans. The pandemic has not only widened the shameful healthcare disparities for minorities and underrepresented communities in our country, it has also exposed how the system fails the majority of the near 157 million of employed individuals who get healthcare through their employer. advertisement advertisement Like it or not, employers are part of the healthcare industry. Companies are responsible for the health and safety of their workforce in new and unprecedented ways. Instead of viewing this as a burden, however, leaders should consider this moment an opportunity to build a stronger workplace culture and a more productive workforce. Consider a patient I cared for earlier this year, in the midst of the strictest lockdown in the city. A young person with a pulmonary condition, my patient was at high risk of serious illness if they caught COVID-19. While they continued to work from home, they felt trapped in their apartment. Both physically and mentally isolated from the rest of the world, they suffered from sleepless nights and even panic attacks worrying about what would happen if they caught COVID-19. My patient was fortunate enough to… Read full this story
- Healthcare Business Process Outsourcing Market 2018 Global Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast To 2023
- Creating a Customer-Centric Marketing Strategy For Your Healthcare Business
- Head of the Value Promise "Digitalizing Healthcare"
- Healthcare remains top priority agenda in social sector: Minister
- Daily Business Report-May 1, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Malaysia’s IHH Healthcare joins race to acquire Fortis
- Internet of Things in Healthcare: What are the Possibilities and...
- Nurturing Africa’s growing private healthcare market
- Manipal Health Again Sweetens Offer for Fortis Healthcare
- ‘Technology has the power to virtualize global healthcare’
Why companywide healthcare is now a business priority have 295 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.