advertisement advertisement advertisement Browsing through Goodee, an online ethical design shop, you’ll find objects from different parts of the world, each telling a different origin story, and yet the pieces fit together seamlessly. advertisement advertisement There are wicker bicycle baskets made by Ghanaian artisans next to aluminum tables made by a Swedish designer. Even the trendy totes have a story: They’re made by refugees in Italy from fabric created in Burkina Faso. The children’s play tables are made from discarded plastic toys salvaged from Belgian preschools. “We imagine Goodee as a dinner party with your multicultural friends,” says Dexter Peart, who cofounded Goodee in Montreal with his brother, Byron. “Everybody’s invited to the table to share their stories and come up with ways to solve the problems we’re dealing with in the world today.” This is a question that has been bothering the Pearts for years. In both the fashion and design worlds, they observed that Asian or African design would pop up as trends—Chinese motifs one year, Kente fabrics the next—but weren’t considered important aesthetic movements in their own right. Byron points out that he’s been to trade shows where there is a section devoted to “ethnic design.” “All… Read full this story
- Prosecutors Say Kyle Rittenhouse Made White Supremacist Hand Gesture, Had Proud Boys Anthem Sung To Him At Wisconsin Bar
- GOP Rep. Byron Donalds: Calling Trump A White Supremacist ‘Equally As Wrong’ As Capitol Hill Riot
- IKEA transforms its iconic blue shopping bags into a bucket hat - and it costs just $3.50
- He has new teeth! Rapper Plies, 44, shows off his pearly white smile... after throwing a FUNERAL for the gold teeth he became famous for: 'My mom cried'
- Donald Trump's White House Exodus Begins as Photos Show Numerous Boxes Hauled Away
- FCC fines white-supremacist robocaller $10 million for faking caller ID
- 'Simply Not True': White House Slams Report on Ivanka's and Jared's 'Toilets for Security Service'
- DC designates two areas for Inauguration Day protests amid heightened security
- Adorable Honda N-One K-Climb Concept Built To Take On Any Hill
- Minnesota K-12 Social Studies Draft Dumps Major U.S. Historical Events for ‘Systemic Racism’
These identical twins built a design shop that rejects white supremacy have 368 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at December 4, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.