At least 2,000 kg of buffalo meat was seized by the civic body officials from a slaughterhouse in Maharashtra’s Thane district. The slaughterhouse at Kausa in Mumbra was being run illegally. Acting on information, the officials conducted a raid in which they seized 2,000 kg of buffalo meat worth around Rs 3 lakh from the premises. Man who parked himself in flat he sold 8 years ago heldDilip Vedpathak demanded Rs 10 lakh more, says victim who is still waiting to get the flat’s original share certificate Police said that they arrested one person. TMC’s veterinary department in-charge Shama Shirodkar told a news agency that the place was being run without any permit. An offence has been registered and further probe is on. The civic officials are conducting more raids to unearth other illegally-run slaughterhouses in the area. Masks of 2020: The good, the bad, the weird110Masks: The most important fashion accessories2020 might have started with renewed and interesting fashion goals, but as the year progressed and coronavirus wreaked havoc in the world, a never-thought-before ‘fashion accessory’ took over the global market — masks. The humble mask had started off as a safety measure against COVID-19, but it soon transitioned… Read full this story
- ICE raids Grainger County meatpacking plant amid charges owners avoided $2.5M in payroll taxes
- Why Animal Rights Is the Next Frontier for the Left
- How a Movement That Never Killed Anyone Became the FBI’s No. 1 Domestic Terrorism Threat
- Beto O'Rourke was member of hacking group called Cult of the Dead Cow
- A Game Plan for Eating Well in Atlanta
- Hong Kong, North Korea, U.S.-China Trade: Your Wednesday Briefing
Thane: 2,000 kg of buffalo meat seized from a slaughterhouse in Mumbra; one held have 268 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at December 14, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.