Serum Institute of India (SII) on Tuesday once again reiterated that the incident with the Chennai volunteer serious adverse event was in no way induced by the ‘Covishield’ vaccine and the company has followed all the requisite regulatory and ethical processes diligently, before it went ahead with the trial.The company said the Covishield vaccine is safe and immunogenic.”The incident with the Chennai volunteer though highly unfortunate was in no way induced by the vaccine and Serum Institute of India is sympathetic with the volunteer’s medical condition,” the company said in a statement.Close The vaccine maker added that the concerned authorities were informed and the Principal Investigator, Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) and the Ethics Committee independently cleared and reckoned it as a non-related issue to the vaccine trial. The company also said that it had submitted all the reports and data related to the incident to the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI). COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions View more How does a vaccine work? A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end… Read full this story
- WHO says H1N1 vaccine is safe, urges all to get their swine flu shots
- Basslink independent report says cable outage cause unknown
- Food allergies on the rise in American children, says new study - cause remains a mystery
- Virginia officials say deer deaths caused by viral outbreak
- Russian Space Agency Says ISS Leak Caused by Human Error—or 'Deliberate Spoilage'
- White House: Trump will follow standard process for Arpaio pardon
- Employees Protest Microsoft Bid for Huge Military Contract, Saying It Could Cause 'Human Suffering'
- JUSTICE FOR G.I.S? Say Iraq uranium caused ills
- CABBIE HAS SEIZURE HISTORY: KIN. DRIVER SAYS BRAKES FAILED, CAUSED CRASH
- 'Very rough year': Manitoba pumpkin patch says wicked weather causing growing pains
Serum Institute says Covishield vaccine not the cause of Chennai volunteer adverse event, followed regulatory processes have 329 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at December 1, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.