advertisement advertisement advertisement ‘Tis the season for giving and receiving. And if you’re lucky enough to be on the receiving end, here are some giftee-centric tips and tricks to brighten your holidays even more. advertisement advertisement Toss those user manuals Admit it: When you get a gift that come with an instruction manual, you tend to stick the manual in a drawer of aging, rarely referenced paperwork. Wouldn’t that drawer be better put to work housing a bunch of takeout menus, old sunglasses, and other assorted junk? Chances are, there’s a user manual for just about anything you might get on sites such as ManualsLib or ManualsOnline. When you receive a gift, check to see if its manual is available online; if it is, toss the dead-tree version. And when you get the time, go through that god-awful drawer and recycle everything that you can read online. I did it a few years ago and it felt wonderful. Protect your gadgets They just don’t make them like the used to, do they? As a modern-day technology consumer, there are two truths: a) gadgets break and b) they break three days after the warranty expires. If you fancy yourself a collector and… Read full this story
- Kylie Jenner Reveals She Got 'Rid of All My Filler' After Fans Tell Her She Looks Like the 'Old Kylie'
- Milo Yiannopoulos Just Got $12 Million to Troll and Threaten Liberals
- Roseanne Barr, 67, claims coronavirus is a ruse to 'get rid of all my generation' by killing off rich boomers
- Viewers say Belsen death camp documentary proves 'we've got it easy' amid COVID-19 crisis as an ex-soldier, 96, admits the horrors still 'haunt him' and the daughter of a survivor breaks down in tears during her first visit
- Anonymous donor gives every household in an Iowa town $150 in gift cards for food
- David Gilmour on Why He’s Selling 120 Guitars: ‘Everything Has Got to Go’
- Just 18% of UK television presenters over 50 are women, study finds
- Google is gifting 3 months of Stadia Pro to all YouTube Premium users
- Love Island, Britain’s Got Talent and Bake Off among shows under threat this summer over coronavirus fears
- Why I gave up on general-purpose smartwatches and got a Garmin for running
How to get more out of the gifts you just got—or get rid of ’em altogether have 367 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at December 26, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.