advertisement advertisement advertisement Within the first six months of the COVID-19 pandemic, 100,000 restaurants in the United States either permanently closed or shut down for the foreseeable future, leaving nearly 3 million workers unemployed, according to the National Restaurant Association. Amid all the industry tumult, a vegan joint in Atlanta has not only stayed afloat but is having its best year ever. advertisement advertisement Founded in 2018 by TV exec turned restauranteur Pinky Cole, Slutty Vegan has become one of Atlanta’s buzziest eateries with its saucy take on vegan fast food, attracting celebrity customers including Tiffany Haddish, Tyler Perry, Taraji P. Henson, Megan Thee Stallion, and Woody Harrelson. Good Burger), and is developing a line of vegan snack foods for kids slated to hit shelves in 2021—and all that’s just on the profit side of the business. “I just thought it was going to be something dope and cool to do,” Cole says of starting Slutty Vegan. “And here we are, two years later: I have one of the hottest concepts in the country. I’m thriving in a pandemic. I’ve been able to help my community in which I serve and give people hope that you can really create a… Read full this story
- Uptown Restaurant To Be Featured On 'Check, Please!'
- Restaurant awards don't have to be a complete disaster
- Black Restaurant Week Showcases American, Caribbean, African Cuisine, Helps Small Businesses
- Iron Hill Ardmore Selling Black Lives Matter Inspired Beer
- Chef, rapper Toriano Gordon tackles meat’s masculinity problem, serves vegan soul food
- Fed-up farmer clashes with a vegan protester dressed up as a 'violated' cow to stop supermarket shoppers from buying milk
- My meat addiction is over: I’ve gone vegan, and it’s brilliant
- This week in odd news: Snake in pants and a cow in a pool
- Militant vegan wearing a cow onesie is mocked and chased away from a McDonald's and KFC by a man waving a chicken drumstick
- Our 10 best vegan recipes
How this vegan restaurant has defied the odds to become a buzzy Black mecca have 333 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at December 5, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.