“We have no information [about that] … [Germany is] loyal to its commitments to support our US friends. US troops are welcome in Germany and their presence is conducive to the safety of not only Germany but entire Europe”, Maas told reporters after a video-conference of the 27th Ministerial Council of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe. Earlier, the German N24 broadcaster reported that the US Congress was planning to freeze the decision by President Donald Trump to pull out 12,000 troops from Germany. German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said in November that Berlin expects to expeditiously discuss the plans to withdraw a number of US troops from Germany with what is projected to be the new US president and his administration. Maas noted that the plans by the Trump administration to withdraw part of the US military contingent from Germany “will take time.” In July, Washington confirmed plans to reduce its forces by some 12,000 troops, which is viewed as a punishment for Berlin’s alleged failure to allocate two percent of its budget for defence, per NATO regulations.
- France plans to recognize Palestinian state at UN, foreign minister says
- 'U.S. supports Ukraine' against Russia, Trump tells foreign minister
- Amid mortar attack on opposition, Syria’s foreign minister claims government abiding by truce
- Russian foreign minister visits Syria amid escalating violence, holds talks with President Assad
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls Americans ‘nice, peace-loving, generous people’
- Missing hikers in Iran Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal may be released from jail, says foreign minister
- Qatar’s foreign minister promises best World Cup ever, says racism plays role in criticism: AP interview
- 'Drain The Swamp': Saudi Foreign Minister Borrows Trump Slogan
- John Kerry to meet with Iran's foreign minister while Obama may run into new prez
- Kurdish prime minister says his forces will only battle ISIS in Syria 'temporarily'
Germany Committed to Hosting US Troops Within Its Borders, Foreign Minister Says have 299 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 4, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.