China has provided North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and his family with an experimental coronavirus vaccine, a U.S. analyst said on Tuesday, citing two unidentified Japanese intelligence sources.Harry Kazianis, a North Korea expert at the Center for the National Interest think tank in Washington, said the Kims and several senior North Korean officials had been vaccinated.It was unclear which company had supplied its drug candidate to the Kims and whether it had proven to be safe, he added.“Kim Jong Un and multiple other high-ranking officials within the Kim family and leadership network have been vaccinated for coronavirus within the last two to three weeks thanks to a vaccine candidate supplied by the Chinese government,” Kazianis wrote in an article for online outlet 19FortyFive.Citing U.S. medical scientist Peter J. Hotez, he said at least three Chinese companies were developing a coronavirus vaccine, including Sinovac Biotech Ltd, CanSinoBio and Sinophram Group.Sinophram says its candidate has been used by nearly one million people in China, although none of the firms was known to have publicly launched Phase 3 clinical trials of their experimental COVID-19 drugs.North Korea has not confirmed any coronavirus infections, but South Korea’s National Intelligence Service (NIS) has said an… Read full this story
- 'At war time speed', China leads COVID-19 vaccine race
- Factbox: COVID-19 vaccine candidates with early human-trial data
- Another Indian COVID-19 vaccine candidate gets nod for human trial
- China Regards COVID-19 Vaccine as ‘Public Good’ While US Sees Valuable Commodity - Journalist
- China-made Covid-19 vaccine could be out by year-end
- US approved 4 COVID-19 vaccine candidates for clinical trials - FDA Head
- Emergent to make drug substance for J&J's COVID-19 vaccine candidate
- Coronavirus in North Korea: Kim Jong-un claims 'shining success'
- Inovio's COVID-19 vaccine candidate shows promise in small early-stage trial
- AstraZeneca in talks with Japan, Russia, Brazil and China on COVID-19 vaccine supplies, says CEO
China gave COVID-19 vaccine candidate to North Korea's Kim Jong Un: US analyst have 320 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at December 1, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.