ROYAL Navy gunships are being readied to guard the UK’s fishing waters in the event of a No Deal Brexit, say reports. Four 80-metre vessels will be tasked with intercepting any EU fishing boats operating within our exclusive economic zone (EEZ), it’s claimed. Even though the ships are equipped with machine guns, they are not expected to ever have to use them in anger, the Guardian reports. Instead they would tackle any vessel feared to be breaking rules within the EEZ - which can extend 200 miles from shore – and then board them. In the most extreme cases, an EU boat could be seized and then escorted to the nearest UK port, states the report. Follow our Brexit live blog for all the latest news and updates…Alahna Kindred10 minutes ago’SO MANY UNKNOWNS’ Martin Reid, the Road Haulage Association’s (RHA) director for Scotland and Northern Ireland said: “Although we got some announcements on the Northern Ireland protocol last night, the minutia and the detail are still to be decided, there’s still more to come. “On one hand we’ve heard that some major retailers will scale back movements to Ireland. “We’ve heard of one in particular who may not go near it for… Read full this story
- Protests at MPs' Brexit betrayal go into the night as May hints she WILL put her deal to 'run-off' vote against rebels' soft Brexit next week... but if she loses the UK could face third election in four years
- Boris Johnson must do his Porridge - one full month of Brexit torture
- No10 warns Brexit deal could be DEAD if Labour and Remainers force through customs union amendment - as Boris Johnson faces week of 'guerrilla warfare' with Speaker John Bercow set to block him from holding crunch vote again today
- The UK's election debate shows Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn need to get better at politics
- Hundreds leave besieged east Aleppo on first day of evacuation
- Tory rebels backing a Norway-style Brexit are on the brink of securing SNP support
- The smiles say it all! EU leaders AGREE Boris Johnson's Brexit deal after Jean-Claude Juncker said there will be NO extension beyond Oct 31st if MPs reject it - leaving Remainer rebels backed into a corner
- Boris Johnson's final masterplan for a Brexit deal is revealed: EU envoy delivers five-point alternative to the backstop to Brussels - as Number 10 warns PM will BOYCOTT summit if leaders reject it
- Fury as 'poor man's Cromwell' Speaker John Bercow BLOCKS fresh bid by Boris Johnson to trigger a 'meaningful' vote on his Brexit deal - leaving PM facing a 'Titanic Tuesday' showdown
- 'We see a pathway to a deal': Boris Johnson and Leo Varadkar hold out hope that there COULD be a Brexit breakthrough after last-ditch talks at luxury Cheshire wedding venue - but Irish PM warns 'there is many a slip between cup and lip'
Brexit news latest – 4 Royal Navy ships set to protect UK fishing waters if Boris Johnson leaves with a No Deal Brexit have 477 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.