Netflix series The Crown has been criticised by Royal biographer Penny Junor for portraying all the members of the British Royal Family save Princess Diana as “villains”, reported The Independent.The fourth season of the British political drama is currently being streamed on Netflix, and it depicts the tumultuous modern history of the British Royal Family. The latest season, which debuted on November 15, focuses on the scandalous breakdown of Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s marriage.Junor, speaking on the the BBC Radio programme ‘Today’, said that The Crown presents the viewers with “caricatures” of the British royals.Close Criticising the Netflix show further, the Royal biographer said, “Every dramatist needs victims and villains, and I feel that what [The Crown’s creator] Peter Morgan has done here, is portray Diana as the victim and just about every member of the royal family as villains.” related news The Tech Weekender: How to get free Netflix, 2020’s worst passwords and the delivery guy who stole 12 iPhone Pro Max phones Free Netflix in India: Netflix StreamFest to let you watch videos without subscription on December 5-6; check details Prince William welcomes probe into 1995 Princess Diana interview She has also accused the Netflix show of… Read full this story
- Penny Mordaunt threatens to block all British aid money to EU projects in row with Brussels
- Meghan Markle represents the American Dream and her presence inside the royal family is a ‘challenge and an opportunity’
- Secret Netflix codes to unlock hidden TV series and movie categories revealed
- The Crown release first-look image of Olivia Colman as the Queen
- First-look image released of Olivia Colman as the Queen in The Crown
- The first image of Olivia Colman in The Crown is finally here
- British Soap Awards 2018: Coronation Street’s Lucy Fallon is the first winner as show is broadcast live for the first time
- Insatiable backlash: 110,000 sign petition to axe Netflix show over 'body shaming'
- Netflix-style TV channel dedicated to the ROYALS launches – for £4.99 a month
- First-look at Netflix’s Sabrina the Teenage Witch reboot
Royal biographer Penny Junor criticises Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ for portraying British royals as ‘villains’ have 344 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 17, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.