Bhavana AcharyaAt a time when stock markets have charged ahead and worry about volatility is in the air, most conservative or moderate risk investors are told to turn to hybrid funds. The equity-debt blend helps keep returns afloat across equity and debt market cycles, goes the understanding.Within hybrid funds, though, there are six categories. Each is distinct from the other in its performance potential and risk level. All hybrid funds don’t automatically suit all investors or all time-frames. Here’s how the hybrid fund categories compare on key performance metrics.Close The hybrid categories considered here are as follows: arbitrage, equity savings, conservative hybrid, balanced advantage, and aggressive hybrid. Multi-asset allocation funds have been skipped – though they are hybrid funds, there are very few funds in this category to identify category trends; these funds also need a much longer timeframe for performance assessment and as it is new category, we do not have such a long track record. related news Personal Finance | Why a roll-down strategy of bond funds helps reduce, but not eliminate, interest rate volatility Fund review: Should you invest in Franklin India Feeder-Franklin US Opportunities Fund? Losses and volatilityHybrid funds can be used primarily for two reasons:-to… Read full this story
- Should I add any hybrid funds to my mutual fund portfolio?
- Am I allocating money to the right mutual funds?
- Best multi cap mutual funds to invest in 2020
- Best mid cap mutual funds to invest in 2020
- Investing tips for seniors, young investors
- Vodafone crisis spills over into mutual fund schemes
- BNP Paribas Mutual Fund to launch consumption-theme based scheme on August 17
- Hybrid equity funds are turning the corner
- Mutual fund queries answered by Harsh Roongta, CFP
- Family finance: Bhardwaj can reach all goals on time with existing savings, investments
How to choose the right hybrid fund based on your investment horizon have 304 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.