BJP MP Brijendra Singh has said the farm laws are “reformist and revolutionary” but should have been passed after an “extensive dialogue with the farming community”, as farmer protests play out in the national capital and its borders.The Centre would not have to deal with the agitation had there been a comprehensive dialogue with stakeholders, said Singh, who represent Haryana’s Hisar in the Lok Sabha.”I do feel there is some lack of dialogue prior to passing of these bills in Parliament. Had all the stakeholders been taken on board prior to the passage of the bills, we would have better situation now,” Singh was quoted as saying by news agency ANI on November 29.Close The remarks go against the line of the party which says the agitation has been politicised. Farmers from the states of Haryana, Punjab and parts of Uttar Pradesh want the three farm laws that deregulate sale of crops scrapped. related news Shed arrogance, give justice to farmers: Rahul Gandhi to government Greater Hyderabad civic polls: 5 reasons why you should track it Farmers’ Protest LIVE Updates: Justin Trudeau’s comments unwarranted and ill-informed, says MEA Follow our LIVE blog for the latest updates on Farmers’ ProtestSingh, 48, a… Read full this story
- West Bengal Governor says BJP MPs prevented from relief work
- Coronavirus pandemic | BJP MP booked for spreading 'false alarm' in Bengal
- 'My brother told us about BJP MP's role'
- Bengal BJP MP booked under Disaster Management Act, another alleges ‘house arrest’
- BJP MPs’ entry into Himachal: Shanta Kumar says law is for everyone
- BJP MP Writes to PM Modi Amid Covid-19, Says West Bengal People Not Getting Proper Ration, Poor Starving
- In Bengal, another BJP MP booked under Disaster Management Act; guv fumes
- Coronavirus | Take action against Uddhav Thackeray and two others for naming patient, says former BJP MP
- BJP MP Roopa Ganguly’s son arrested for rash driving in Kolkata
- BJP MPs in West Bengal to sit on strike against state government's COVID-19 lockdown rules
Farmers’ protest: Should have held talks with stakeholders before enacting farm laws, says BJP MP Brijendra Singh have 337 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.