The Serum Institute of India (SII) can apply for emergency use authorisation (EUA) of the AstraZeneca and Oxford University’s COVID-19 vaccine in India once it is approved in the UK,since it is a partner developer, Dr Randeep Guleria, Director of AIIMS, has said.A member of the Centre’s taskforce on vaccines, Dr Guleria said if the vaccine candidate was approved by UK authorities, SII could also apply for emergency use in India based on the same data.Follow our LIVE Updates on the coronavirus pandemic hereClose “The SII will have to wait for data to be authorised in the UK; based on that SII can approach Indian authorities for EUA. We can’t do that unless UK regulatory approves,” Dr Guleria told News18. COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions View more How does a vaccine work? A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus… Read full this story
- 'Soft' or 'Hard' Brexit: Five Options for the UK to Say Goodbye to the EU
- Vicky Pattison tells female troll to 'get a soul enriching hobby' after she used a vile slur to say the star's pout makes her 'cringe'
- Sports Shorts: Hamilton can equal pole record; ISL gets AFC nod
- Ketamine-like drug for depression could get UK licence within the year
- Public funds should be used to rescue local journalism, says report
- VW deserves to suffer substantial damage, UK minister says
- UK Police Say Item Found Near Manchester Arena Not Suspicious
- Evangelical Christians 'uncritical' in support for Trump, UK bishop says
- Cheap Medical Tourism Gone Wrong Underlines the Importance of Using the Best Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, says Dr. Michael Jazayeri
- Wrong to say Dr Kafeel Khan got clean chit: UP govt
COVID-19 vaccine | Serum Institute can apply for emergency use if AstraZeneca gets UK nod, says Dr Guleria have 347 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 24, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.