China has warned it will become Australia’s ‘enemy’ and released a dossier outlining 14 grievances with the government after Treasurer Josh Frydenberg attempted to cool escalating tensions between the nations. The dossier was handed to Nine Newspapers by the Chinese Embassy in Canberra, containing accusations ranging from ‘racist attacks against Asian people’ to siding with the ‘United States’ anti-China campaign’. ‘China is angry. If you make China the enemy, China will be the enemy,’ a Chinese government official said in a briefing with a reporter. The warning came after Mr Frydenberg gave a speech on Wednesday in which he offered an olive branch to the Chinese government following a year of deteriorating relations and trade disputes. ‘We stand ready to engage with the Chinese government in respectful, mutually beneficial dialogue,’ he said. But Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian rejected the peace offering, telling a news conference on Wednesday: ’Those who created problems shall be the one responsible to solve the problems.’ On Thursday morning Trade Minister Simon Birmingham refused to apologise to Beijing over its complaint that Australia had blocked 10 Chinese investment projects on ‘opaque national security grounds.’ ‘We make no apologies for Australia having foreign investment laws that act in… Read full this story
- Boris condemns 'unacceptable' Hong Kong crackdown and hints he will axe Huawei 5G deal after Beijing vowed retaliation against Britain over plan to let three million Hong Kongers settle
- Summer breaks are thrown into chaos (again) as government releases delayed list of quarantine-free countries, even though many still ban Brits: Furious holidaymakers cancel trips after Portugal was excluded, while others vow they will go regardless
- Inside the 'very powerful' 48 Club in China 'grooming' storm: Member describes how Chinese ambassador and Huawei chief would rub shoulders with British high society
- Fight for Eden-Monaro gets ridiculous as the favoured candidate starts her pitch to the electorate with an extraordinary error
- Black Lives Matter latest news: Priti Patel vows to brings ‘yobs’ to ‘justice’ after protests turned violent in London
- Suffer in silence
- Hong Kong protests: What’s happening and why are people rioting?
- Coronavirus latest: US cases may hit '100,000 a day'
- Hong Kong police clash with protesters after thousands defied a ban to mark the 31st anniversary of the bloody Tiananmen Square crackdown
- Minneapolis mayor declares 8pm curfew as fourth night of carnage looms and Minnesota Gov. admits 'abject failure' in trying to control George Floyd rioters who 'set a city on fire' forcing residents to hide in their homes
'China is angry... we will be the enemy': Beijing launches its most extraordinary attack yet on Australia and issues a bizarre list of 14 'grievances' - but PM vows not to back down or apologise have 407 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 18, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.