Bharat Biotech said its experimental COVID-19 vaccine Covaxin will have 60 percent efficacy, CNN-News18 reported.”We aim to achieve at least 60 percent, but it could also be more. Chances of the vaccine being less than 50 percent effective are remote, as suggested by our trial results so far,” the company said, as quoted by the news channel.Covaxin is being developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). Phase 3 of the clinical trials of the potential COVID-19 vaccine, which includes 26,000 volunteers, have begun across the country.Close Also read: Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca | What is the latest on COVID-19 vaccine from the manufacturers? COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions View more How does a vaccine work? A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus has been fairly stable, which increases the viability of a vaccine…. Read full this story
- What the papers say – April 19
- AMD CEO says Ryzen processors are 60% of processor revenue
- 'Sorry,' says man, 19, who opened fire at Florida high school
- Gold rate in Burundi on 19 April
- Glaxo's Shingles Vaccine 'Encouraging' But Shares Dip On Quarterly Lag
- Can This Smaller Biotech Actually Rival Merck, Bristol In Cancer Drugs?
- Shire Says It's Willing To Entertain $64 Billion Bid From Takeda Pharma
- The Painful Truth About Last Year’s Failed Flu Vaccine
- Commission could play greater role in harmonising vaccines supply, industry says
- Hong Kong scrambles for talent in battle for Nasdaq biotech crown
Bharat Biotech says its COVID-19 vaccine will have 60% efficacy have 304 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.