This article is part of the New New Rules of Business. advertisement advertisement The Fast Company Impact Council, an invitation-only group of corporate leaders, entrepreneurial founders, and other leaders from across industries, gathered on June 30 to share their insights. Members split into small groups, moderated by Fast Company editors, and shared their perspectives on how they are managing and innovating amid a trio of crises: the global pandemic, the economic slowdown, and calls for social justice in the wake of the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery. In this roundtable discussion, led by senior editor Amy Farley, top executives talked about how companies build narratives that can resonate with consumers and with employees, and how the role of authentic storytelling and honest communication will be a key tenet of business in the decades to come. Participants in this session, in no particular order, were the executive director of MIT Media Lab Deb Roy, Esri CMO Marianna Kantor, Integral Ad Science CEO Lisa Utzschneider, Nextdoor’s head of marketing Maryam Banikarim, McKinsey partner lead on media and tech teams Jonathan Dunn, and cofounder and chief strategy officer of Good Money Andrew Masanto. Deb Roy: We’re getting good at… Read full this story
- 2018 was the year of outraged fans discovering their power
- 2006: A Year of Great Minds and Fascinating Business Ideas
- Matrix Partners’ Avnish Bajaj spots 3 trends for investing in early & growth businesses
- What is The Power of Six Senses in Company Videos?
- Program Will Lend $10M to Detroit Minority Businesses
- In Google Walkout, Workers Reject Silicon Valley Individualism
- Why San Francisco’s big business tax for homeless relief succeeded after Seattle’s crumbled
- More Small Companies Avoid I.P.O.s, Sapping U.S. Economy’s Vitality
- Is being woke the business strategy of 2019?
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power, reviewed
The power of narrative in business have 321 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at October 13, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.