The market broke the four-day gaining momentum as bears took control on D-Street with Nifty failing to hold the 11,900.At close, the BSE Sensex shed 148.82 points to end at 40,558.49 and the Nifty50 closed with a loss of 41.20 points at 11896.50.“We closed within the current range of the Nifty i.e. 11650-12050. The markets, marked by low volumes, moved in a tight range of about 100 points. It is just a matter of a few days when the index will either get past 12,050 to achieve 12,300 or break 11,650 and fall to 11,450,” said Manish Hathiramani, proprietary index trader and technical analyst, Deen Dayal InvestmentsClose Sectorally, the action was seen in power, oil & gas and metal space while profit-taking was seen in pharma, IT and bank stocks. related news Corporate Buzz podcast | Sun Pharma’s mysterious silence during the pandemic; IT cos spread cheer with salary hikes; Harley Davidson makes a U-turn back to India The Market Podcast | Keep 30% of portfolio in cash to buy amid US-election volatility: Kunj Bansal Taking Stock: Nifty falls for the third straight day; midcaps outperform The broader markets outperformed benchmark indices with S&P BSE midcap index rising 0.54 percent while… Read full this story
- Rand Paul Predicts ‘Catastrophe’ For Stock Market If Democrats Win And Borrowing Continues
- Taking Stock: Nifty holds 11,300 on a volatile day; mid & smallcaps outperform
- VN-Index extends winning streak
- Selling pressure behind stock market’s loss
- Exclusive — Trump Enumerates Consequences of a Biden Presidency: ‘Chaos in this Country,’ ‘Portlands All Over,’ ‘Stock Market Will Crash’
- Asian stock markets follow Wall Street higher
- Why is the stock market hitting a new record when the unemployment rate is 10%?
- VN stock market grows rapidly in last 20 years
- How can VN stock market attract 'super' investors?
- Covid-19 disrupts 'rules' of the Vietnamese stock market
Taking Stock: Market breaks 4-day winning streak as Nifty settles below 11,900 have 302 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at October 22, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.