Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on October 31 said his government would come out with a law to deal with “love jihad” and used the Hindu funeral chant ‘Ram Naam Satya Hai’ to threaten those who don’t respect their daughters and sisters.Welcoming the Allahabad High Court ruling declaring that conversion for the sole purpose of marriage is not valid, the chief minister also said posters would be put up of those involved in ‘love jihad’, a derogatory coinage referring to the alleged campaign of Muslims forcing Hindu girls to convert in the guise of love.We will bring an effective law. It is my warning to those who play with the honour and dignity of sisters and daughters by hiding their real names and identities If they do not mend their ways, their “Ram Naam Satya” journey will start, Adityanath said.Close He was addressing election rallies in Jaunpur and Deoria ahead of the November 3 by-elections for the Malhani and Deoria assembly seats. related news India GDP: After nearly 24% contraction in Q1, all eyes on Q2 data due on November 27 Bombay HC declines interim relief to LVB promoter entities in DBS merger spat Karnataka HC took ‘erroneous’ view… Read full this story
- Linda Perry says she still 'loves and adores' estranged wife Sara Gilbert
- Pentagon chief says US will 'follow laws of armed conflict' after Trump's Iran threats
- Trump says it doesn't matter if Soleimani posed an imminent threat
- Irfan Pathan says good bye to cricket to embark on 'new journey'
- Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani Are Bringing Their Love Story to the 2020 Grammy Awards
- Alec Baldwin Says ‘Black People Love Me’ Since Playing Trump
- India vs Sri Lanka: Navdeep Saini Says It's "Important To Use Variations" In T20 Cricket
- South Africa: New refugee laws 'target political dissidents'
- ‘What’s happening is sad’: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella on amended citizenship law
- Defense Secretary Mark Esper contradicts Trump and says U.S. military WILL NOT target Iranian cultural sites
Adityanath says he will bring law on 'love jihad', uses 'Ram Naam Satya' journey as threat have 333 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.