Highlights:- Over the past few months, the Centre has been focusing on the mining sector to revive the country’s economy but it is feared that it could mean a troubled time ahead for communities involved and environment.- However, the major question is whether such a push is in line with the National Mineral Policy 2019 of India which talks about the concept of inter-generational equity as far as mineral wealth is concerned.- The organisations involved with the communities that are impacted by the mining believe that protection and welfare of tribal people and poor are rarely the focus area of mining plans which are heavily focused on higher revenues.————————————————-To tackle the already slowing economy, whose condition further deteriorated after COVID-19 pandemic, the Indian government is pushing for more mining. But is this push for more revenue in line with the principles in India’s mining policy that talk about sustainable mining and minerals being a part of shared inheritance with future generations?Over the past few months, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and various other ministers in his government have emphasised that the push for mining including coal will result in additional investments and revenue worth hundreds of billions of rupees. The government… Read full this story
- GPU Manufacturer Standing Up To Cryptocurrency Miners, Warranty Will Void If Graphics Card Is Used For Mining
- Bitmain Reportedly Rolling Out Ethereum ASIC Miner, Will It End GPU Shortage?
- Report: ASIC Miner Manufacturer, BITMAIN, Made More Money Than Nvidia In 2017
- Bitmain Ethereum ASIC Miner Now Available For $800, Expect GPU Prices To Go Down
- Nvidia Requests Retailers To Sell GPUs To Gamers Instead of Miners
- Nvidia wants retailers to prioritize gamers over cryptocurrency miners
- Cryptocurrency Miners Are Trying To Return AMD Vega 56 Graphics Cards, Did The Bubble Burst Already?
- Cryptocurrency miners bought 3 million graphics cards worth $776 million in 2017
- Crypto-miners bought 3m graphics cards in 2017, but gaming still dominates
- Nvidia is expecting a massive drop in GPU sales to cryptocurrency miners
Whose minerals are they anyway? have 336 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.