Six weeks ago, as TikTok grappled with escalating tensions between the United States and China, the social media app’s top executives huddled together to figure out their next steps.Vanessa Pappas, 41, was worried. TikTok’s North American business, which she has run since 2018, was dealing with an uproar. President Donald Trump had threatened to ban TikTok because of its Chinese owner, ByteDance, and many of the more than 100 million people who use TikTok in the United States were up in arms.So in the early hours of August 1, Pappas recorded a 59-second video from her home office in Los Angeles to calm the creators on TikTok and its fans. “We’ve heard your outpouring of support, and we wanted to say thank you,” she said in the video, which quickly went viral under the hashtag #SaveTikTok. “We’re not planning on going anywhere.”Close Pappas is now repeating that message as she lands in an even hotter hot seat. Last month, Kevin Mayer, TikTok’s Chief Executive, said he was leaving the company, citing its uncertain political status. Pappas was appointed TikTok’s interim global head, just as the app faces an even murkier future. related news Disney+ testing out a collaborative watching feature… Read full this story
- One woman takes us inside the mysterious world of a flight attendant, from unruly passengers to 3-inch heels
- Woman takes over Angono police force
- Self-driving vehicles could take a longer time before they hit the roads
- State Department says Secretary Tillerson is ‘taking a little time off’ amid tensions in the White House
- Woman takes five fatal shots after receiving death threats
- Woman takes $10K necklace in for repairs, says jewelry store gave her a $50 knockoff back
- Congress takes its sweet time to pass urgent bills
- Tesla is taking a long time to ramp up production for the Model 3 – here’s why
- [VIDEO] What Kind Of Man Spits In A Woman's Face, Multiple Times?
- The ‘Wonder Woman’ cinematographer explains how he pulled off its most miraculous scene
The woman taking over TikTok at the toughest time have 341 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.