Beijing has been left red-faced after last week’s confrontation between the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops and Indian soldiers at the Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh. On the night of August 29-30, Chinese forces intruded into the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and tried to occupy strategic heights near the southern bank of the Pangong Tso overlooking Indian military positions in the Chushul area.Alert Indian troops not only pushed them back — preventing an encore of what happened three months ago when the PLA forces stealthily occupied vantage points on the lake’s north bank — but also deployed on the dominating high ground within hours. From all accounts, the commander of the Chinese troops ordered a hasty retreat when physical conflict seemed imminent — a move which reportedly earned him the displeasure of the PLA’s Western Theatre Command chief.The Chinese leadership brazenly uses tactics short of armed conflict to grab land on the Indian side of the LAC at every opportunity so it can unilaterally change the status quo on the border. The five rounds of military commander level talks between the two sides, from mid-June till early August to restore border peace have evidently not… Read full this story
- DPEPP 2020: Defence Ministry releases policy draft to make India among leading nations of world in defence sector
- Big push for Atmanirbhar Bharat in defence, India to embargo import of 101 items: Rajnath Singh
- India eyeing Rs 1.75 lakh crore in turnover in defence manufacturing by 2025
- 'Rafales will provide India major advantage in Tibet'
- US President Trump Slams Germany Again Over Defence Spending, Nord Stream 2
- OPINION: Busting the Myth - Electric Vehicle Policy
- Draft Defence Production & Export Promotion Policy issued
- COVID-19: India's Modi May Announce Economic Stimulus 2.0 Focused on Infrastructure, Defence, Jobs
- A policy with many a right intention
- Decoding Delhi EV Policy 2020
Offensive Defence | India’s robust policy against adversaries have 312 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.