The Centre started the ‘Vande Bharat Mission’ on May 6 to help those stranded due to the novel coronavirus pandemic reach their destinations via international repatriation flights.According to the Civil Aviation Ministry, 4,617 repatriation flights were operated by the Air India Group under the Vande Bharat Mission till September 4, carrying over 6.12 lakh passengers. Of these, 2,307 were inbound flights carrying 4.12 lakh passengers and 2,310 were outbound flights with 2 lakh fliers.The mission is currently in its Phase 6 which will continue until October 25.Close Follow our LIVE blog for the latest updates of the novel coronavirus pandemic COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions View more How does a vaccine work? A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus has been fairly stable, which increases the viability of a vaccine. How many types of vaccines are there? There are… Read full this story
- Off-duty TSA officer jumps to his death at Orlando airport, disrupting flights
- Pakistan reopens airspace for some flights amid India tensions
- Indian and Pakistani troops exchange gunfire along border after air strikes escalate tensions
- Lion Air plane crash off Indonesia: Hope fades for survivors after jet plunges into sea
- India's most wanted man Nirav Modi arrested in London after The Telegraph tracked him down
- Official: 3rd pilot aided next-to-last Lion Air flight
- How Balkrishna Doshi Bent Le Corbusier’s Modernism to the Needs of India
- India latest to ground Boeing planes as US refuses to react to safety fears
- In Mission deal, independent monitor is 'thoughtful, important addition,' expert says
- Edinburgh Easyjet flight declares onboard emergency amid 'crew welfare issue'
International flights on September 6: Here are the flights operated by Air India under Vande Bharat Mission have 322 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 6, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.