The Centre started the ‘Vande Bharat Mission’ on May 6 to help those stranded due to the novel coronavirus pandemic reach their destinations via international repatriation flights.According to the Civil Aviation Ministry, 4,858 repatriation flights were operated by the Air India Group under the Vande Bharat Mission till September 9, carrying over 6.42 lakh passengers. Of these, 2,432 were inbound flights carrying 4,30,334 passengers and 2,426 were outbound flights with 2,12,472 fliers.The mission is currently in its Phase 6 which will continue until October 25.Close Follow our LIVE blog for the latest updates on the novel coronavirus pandemic COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions View more How does a vaccine work? A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus has been fairly stable, which increases the viability of a vaccine. How many types of vaccines are there? There are broadly four types… Read full this story
- Vinpearl Air to enter aviation market
- Nokia ties up operators as data boom makes 5G inevitable
- IAF's 1st all-women crew fly Mi-17 in training mission
- Debt-laden Air India has received ₹30,520 crore equity infusion since 2011-12, Centre tells LS
- It is now the law to hold a moment of silence on 9/11 in New York public schools
- #UnFriendshipDay continues with Kieron Pollard pranking Rohit Sharma ahead of Paytm India vs West Indies T20 Trophy
- India vs West Indies: Virat Kohli Dismisses India's Position In T20I Rankings
- India Opts Out Of RCEP, Amit Shah Lauds PM For Taking Decision In "National Interest"
- Kia Motors to produce 300K cars a year in its India factory
- Air India passengers to get a ‘Jai’ ride
International flights on September 11: Here are the flights operated by Air India under Vande Bharat Mission have 324 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.