India’s rank fell by 26 places to the 105th position on the Global Economic Freedom Index 2020, according to a report released on September 10. The country occupied the 79th spot on the index in the previous year, PTI reported.Prospects for increasing economic freedom in India depend on next generation reforms in factor markets and in greater openness to international trade, the report said. Close The Economic Freedom of the World: 2020 Annual Report by Canada’s Fraser Institute has been released in India in conjunction with New Delhi-based think tank Centre For Civil Society. related news Kolkata Metro resumes services after over 5 months GST compensation: 12 states agree to borrow from special window facilitated by RBI Indian Oil sees gasoil, petrol sales at pre-pandemic levels in first half of FY21 India reported a marginal decrease in size of government (from 8.22 to 7.16), legal system and property rights (from 5.17 to 5.06), freedom to trade internationally (6.08 to 5.71) and regulation of credit, labour and business (6.63 to 6.53).A score closer to 10 indicates a higher level of economic freedom.According to the report, based on 2018 data, Hong Kong and Singapore once again topped the index, continuing their streak as first… Read full this story
- India slips 10 spots to 51st rank on Democracy Index
- Democracy Index 2019: India slips 10 points to 51st Rank due to 'Erosion of civil Liberties'
- At 51st rank, India slips 10 spots on the global democracy index
- Kosice loses top spot in Tipsport Liga
- India Lose an ODI Without Taking Any Wickets For Only the Sixth Time in 983 ODIs
- India vs Australia: Rajkot weather today, pitch report, importance of toss
- AP men’s college basketball poll: Restocked Kansas nabs No. 1 spot in preseason ranking
- Simona Halep Maintains Top Spot In WTA Rankings
- Herath pips Ashwin to second spot in Test rankings
- I stayed in 47 hotels last year – this $26 spot was my favourite
India loses 26 spots on economic freedom ranking: Report have 307 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.