Indicating that the India-US limited trade deal is likely to be signed after elections there, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal on September 10 said New Delhi has given America “a very good, very balanced offer” for the agreement. The minister said India is ready to sign the deal “tomorrow”, but he has left it to the US to decide on the timing.”We have almost finalised everything but because of coronavirus everything moved from work-from-home in the US. While India did everything as usual in terms of government functioning, I think the US was not really as much focused as on government functioning and on settling all the balance issues of the trade deal.”So probably, we will have to wait for after the elections (in the US) before we can sign that deal. But I have left it to the US. I am ready to sign tomorrow. We have given them a very good, very balanced offer,” Goyal said.Close He was replying to questions from students of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). The minister assured that India will gain significantly from the trade agreement, and the US will also get its corresponding share of benefits. related news US blacklists four… Read full this story
- WATCH LIVE: Pres. Trump celebrates new trade deal, called USMCA
- Pres. Trump: Trade deal returns US to 'manufacturing powerhouse'
- President Donald Trump says new Mexico, Canada trade deal will be fairer than NAFTA, protect US workers
- Fact check: Is Trump right that the new trade deal is "biggest" ever?
- US-Canada reach trade deal
- Vt. officials say Canada trade deal could improve dairy outlook
- Stock market today: Hope for U.S.-China trade deal sends shares higher-2018-11-02
- Stock market today: Hope for U.S.-China trade deal sends shares higher-11-2-18
- Macron Suggests No Trade Deals With U.S. Over Rejection of Paris Climate Accord
- Trump strikes a trade deal with Mexico and threatens to freeze out Canada
India has given very good, balanced offer to US for proposed limited trade deal: Piyush Goyal have 333 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 10, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.