Almost eight decades ago, senior government officials gathered for a conference at a villa in Wannsee, a suburb of Berlin. The meeting was called by Nazi leader Reinhard Heydrich, and its purpose was to come up with a way to carry out what was euphemistically known as the Final Solution to the Jewish Question.Most of the events of Red Pill, Hari Kunzru’s new novel, also unfold in Wannsee. At one point, the venue of the conference is pointed out to the narrator, who comments: “The house was too far away to see clearly.”Close By the end, this unreliable narrator will be seeing a lot more than he bargained for. He is half-Indian and half-English, a freelance academic and writer living in Brooklyn with his wife and daughter. When the novel begins, he’s occupied with thoughts of his next work, on the construction of the self in lyric poetry. related news Financial interests are valued more than blood of innocents in Yemen: Activist Radhya Almutawakel The Offbeat Journey of Vijaya Pais, the Firebrand Founder of Offbeat Goa Why are there so few Indian coaches in IPL — former cricketers, experts take strike His minor-league career has so far been marked by… Read full this story
- Family Affair: Maya Harris Is Painted as the Face and Political Ice Breaker for Big Sister — and Presidential Hopeful — Kamala
- Kamala Harris Crumbling in New Hampshire, Closing Three Offices to ‘Go All-In on Iowa’
- Planned Parenthood Expands to Offer Transgender Hormones in New York City
- Trump expected to attend UFC fight Saturday night in New York
- Democrats’ New ‘Impeachment Inquiry’ Rules Could Block Republicans from Calling Whistleblower to Testify
- 37 New Science Fiction and Fantasy Books to Keep You Warm This February
- N.F.L. Week 4 Picks: Can Miami Shock New England Once Again?
- PCB announces schedule for Australia, New Zealand series
- 2018 was boom year for renewables despite political chaos, report finds
- Ahead of high-stakes midterms, Barack Obama plans a bigger role in political races
Hari Kunzru’s new novel of paranoia, politics and puppetmasters have 338 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.