A small country of 28 million, and a brutal proxy war between regional and global powers being fought on its soil – Yemen and its people have seen the worst possible human-rights violations in the past few years and continue to face unimaginable hardship.Even before Ansar Allah and military units loyal to the former president Ali Abdullah Saleh (the Houthis) took control of the capital Sana’a by force in September 2014, Yemen had been a hot spot of political intrigue in the Middle East. From March 2015, things only went further downhill due to military intervention by coalition forces led by Saudi Arabia and UAE, armed by US, UK and European powers.Raised in Sana’a, and deeply affected by the direction her country was taking, Radhya Almutawakel began working in human rights in 2004 after completing a Bachelor’s degree in mass communication and two diplomas in gender studies and political science from Sana’a University. Soon after, she met fellow activist Abdulrasheed Alfaqih and, in 2007, they founded Mwatana for Human Rights, an independent organisation working to defend and protect human rights in Yemen. The two got married in 2011.Close Since then, Radhya has taken the voice of ordinary Yemenis to the… Read full this story
- Ant Financial invests another $210 million in Zomato
- In France, Saudi crown prince seeks to woo Macron despite differences on Iran and Yemen
- Yemen's collapse puts families on the brink
- UN envoy: Stop `alarming’ military escalation in Yemen
- UN experts: Yemen’s rebels getting weapons similar to Iran’s
- It's more than a decade since the financial crisis. Where's the recovery?
- How currency movements can affect your financial goals
- Max Financial Q3 net profit up 168% on one-time gain
- SoftBank's big bets have backfired. Now it's under scrutiny from a legendary activist investor
- I'm 65 and my interest-only mortgage is ending – what can I do?
Financial interests are valued more than blood of innocents in Yemen: Activist Radhya Almutawakel have 310 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 12, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.