India recorded 10.6 lakh COVID-19 in the first 13 days of September, making it the country with the world’s fastest-growing caseload. During the same period, India’s death toll from the disease, caused by the novel coronavirus, surged by 13,298.The country recorded a single-day spike of over 90,000 COVID-19 cases almost every day in the last week.On September 1, India’s overall tally stood at 36.9 lakh which included 65,288 deaths. However, on September 13, it had surged to 47.5 lakh. The fatalities stood at 78,586.Close Follow our LIVE blog for the latest updates of the novel coronavirus pandemic COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions View more How does a vaccine work? A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus has been fairly stable, which increases the viability of a vaccine. How many types of vaccines are there? There are broadly four… Read full this story
- Paras Chhabra on why he left Bigg Boss 13 for Rs 10 lakh: ‘You are aware of your value, know what you’ve done’
- Coronavirus: India Offering Medical Equipment, Medicine to China as 'Goodwill Gesture' - Minister
- How new income tax rates impact those with Rs 10 lakh salary
- Samsung brings its new foldable phone, Galaxy Z Flip, to India at Rs 1.10 lakh
- Coronavirus Outbreak Updates: India may extend deadlines for solar projects delayed by Covid-19 outbreak
- Bigg Boss 13 Finale: Rashami Desai, Aarti Singh Reportedly Evicted, Paras Chhabra Leaves with Rs 10 Lakh
- India vs New Zealand Live Score 1st Test Day 2: Ishant removes Taylor after NZ take lead
- Warehouse staffer cheats Amazon of Rs 10 lakh
- Paras Chhabra walks away with Rs 10 lakh, Arti Singh evicted in Bigg Boss 13 finale?
- New coronavirus cases drop for third day as toll passes 1,600
Coronavirus India update: Over 10 lakh cases, 13,300 deaths in first 13 days of September have 341 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.